Thursday, January 3

Update on Dylan

Today is the day. I will be taking Dylan to Dr. Weber this morning to have surgery this afternoon. We decided not to do a biopsy procedure first, but go ahead and try to remove this lump on his chest now.


I woke up this morning at 3 am. A little earlier than usual. Of course Dylan and Nugget think it is time for breakfast! No breakfast for Dylan. I did let him have some sips of water but he can't have anything else.

They are both barking at me and begging for food! Dylan seems fine. He is his happy, tail wagging self this morning. He just doesn't understand why I am not feeding him! Last night I grilled a T-bone steak and made a baked sweet potato for dinner. Both of the dogs loved it and so did I. 

The lump doesn't seem to bother Dylan much but it has grown larger over the past week. I am going to ask Dr. Weber if I can observe the surgery. I'm hoping that since I am a nurse he will allow me to stay. I will promise to stand quietly aside and not move or say anything. I just want to be there.

Right now I am going to give Dylan a warm bath with baby shampoo and then try to go back to bed for while. There is nothing I like better than cuddling with my little friend. 

I hope Dylan will do well and the lump can be removed completely. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my last post. Please keep us in your prayers today. I will let you know how things go later. 


23 comments:

Indy_Poppy said...

I hope all goes well with Dylan today. Thinking of you IndyPoppy

mcddiss said...

espero que la operacion de Dylan vaya bien y tenga una pronta recuperacion

besitos

Mari

Idskesminis said...

Will be thinking of you and Dylan. Hope he recovers quickly!

Lucille said...

I hope and pray all goes well, Kathi!

Latest news and recent projects said...

I know what you are going through. All my best thoughts for Dylan, your lovely companion.
Patrick

otterine said...

Sending positive thoughts for a good outcome!

maria said...

All my positive thoughts for Dylan today.

Mad For Mod said...

I hope everything goes smoothly for Dylan! Prayers are coming his and your way.

Drora's minimundo said...

I'll pray for Dylan that all goes well.
Hugs for both of you.
Drora

Troy said...

Good Luck, I will be thinking about you two today.

Unknown said...

I wish the best for you and your puppy.

Marisa said...

both you and little Dylan are in my prayers

here's to a speedy recovery

Love
Marisa

Fabiola said...

I hope all goes well for Dylan.
A hug, Faby.

Caseymini said...

Prayers for you and Dylan! That is one big lump! Tell him to get well soon for me, Kathi. Also give him a hug for me.

Ilona said...

I hope everything will be okay with Dylan, Kathy, I will be thinking of you and Dylan.
Hugs, Ilona

Adela said...

Espero que Dylan salga bien de la operación y se recupera pronto para que esteis juntos muchos años.

Tatiana said...

Я так люблю собак! Доктор обязательно поможет. Ваш Дилан будет здоров!Это так больно, когда маленькие друзья болеют.
Татьяна

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Que todo vaya bien y se recupero pronto:)

ANGELES said...

Un beso grande para Dylan y para ti ¡¡¡

Audra said...

Thinking of you!!

callsmall said...

Thinking of you both, Kathi! Sending lots of positive vibes.

Margaret said...

Hoping for a good outcome Kathi, he will be needing lots of treats while he recovers!

Katie said...

Just wanted to send you both a hug! I will be thinking of you both:)