Saturday, January 5

A Better Day

Dylan and I want to thank you for your prayers and concern. Today is a better day.


I think Dylan was still sedated from the anesthesia yesterday. He is still very weak but doing much better. We all slept nine hours last night! That is a record for me!

This morning, after a quick trip outside, Dylan drank some water and ate an almost normal size breakfast. I'm feeding him the prescription food that Dr. Weber gave me when Dylan was sick before. He seems to like it. I'm happy to see him eating again. I'm sure that will help him heal and feel stronger.

My dear daughter brought me dinner last night. Dylan wagged his tail for the first time when he saw her coming in. :D  Of course Nugget wanted to be the center of attention. He has been so good with Dylan. I'm trying to spoil him too. Lots of hugs, belly rubs and treats for Dylan's little brother.

I hope you have a good day. Again, thank you so much for your comments and prayers!

I need to try to do some laundry and housework today. I miss working on my miniatures, but right now I have a beautiful little dog to love.





I wish you could see my smile right now! As I was writing this post Dylan somehow walked all the way from the living room here to where I am in my workroom! I didn't even hear him coming! Now he is sleeping in his bed right next to me where he always wants to be. So sweet!!!


25 comments:

Mad For Mod said...

I'm so happy! My eyes were welling up reading your story. I've been thinking of you.

Melli Hobby said...

Thanks for good news. I´m so happy!
Nice weekend.
Greetings
Melanie

Tatiana said...

Привет! Очень хочется, что бы хорошо кушал. Пусть радуется и виляет хвостиком!
Татьяна

Poppypatchwork said...

I am so pleased to hear your news, I have been following your progress and had every thing crossed for you xx

Lady Jane said...

Good news... It will continue!!!

A. Wright said...

Hooray Dylan! That's wonderful news Kathi, keep us posted. Minis can wait.

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Una buena noticia, me alegro que Dylan mejore:)

Drora's minimundo said...

Yesterday I was in tears. Now I am smiling. So nice of you to share the good news. I hope Dylan will have a quick and complete recovery.
Hugs, Drora

otterine said...

Aw, that is a ray of light! :D Hope the better day continues on this path.

maria said...

Aw I'm SO happy Dylan is doing better :)

Unknown said...

Everyone needs a bit more recovery time after surgery , your puppy will get stronger each day ;)

Lucille said...

Kathi, I'm so happy that he's feeling better! Keep us posted!

Ilona said...

Wonderful good news, Kathi! Minis can wait.....;)!
Hugs, Ilona

Neen said...

Lovely to hear this, so glad he's doing better.

Caseymini said...

Kathi, more hugs from me, now that Dylan can be hugged properly!

Indy_Poppy said...

Im so much happier to read that Dylan is doing well. Best wishes. IndyPoppy

ANGELES said...

ESTOY FELIZ QUE DYLAN ESTA MEJOR ¡¡ BESOS.

callsmall said...

Excellent news! So glad Dylan is on the mend!

Cath said...

I was so delighted to read your post this morning. I was anxiously waiting to see if you were going to post and was so happy it was good news. Here's to Dylan, may he find strength in every new day.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Beatriz Fernández said...

Siempre estoy al pendiente de la evolución de Dylan, y hoy me siento muy contenta por su mejoría espero que todo sean excelentes noticias.
Un beso!!

Kathi said...

Thank you so much for your support and kindness. :D

Dylan is doing much better than I expected. He is one strong little dog!

Kikka N said...

Hi, I just read the whole story and I am so happy of the results! So good to see Dylan is getting better! :)
So happy for You All!
Hugs
Kikka

Troy said...

Glad to hear he is feeling better. Troy

Fabulously Small said...

what a scary time you must have, after how things went after surgery and the day after... I'm só happy that Dylan is now doing better than before! I really hope he'll recover as well as can be expected. All my best wishes for you and of course Dylan!

Adela said...

Poco a poco vuelve a la normalidad. Dentro de nada estará como si no hubiese ocurrido nada importante. Me alegro mucho de que sea así. Dale un beso fuerte de mi parte y de parte de mi perra Kyra.