Tuesday, October 2

Hanging Basket

I'm sure you have seen Leslie Shepherd's tutorial for making dollhouse miniature hanging baskets. I'm making one using these things.


After I saw Peter Staples beautiful plant hangers on Etsy, I thought I would try to make a miniature one. I'm using copper beading wire and seed beads. The hooks are copper earring findings.


Here is one of three parts of the hanger and some flowers I've started to make. I may try another design for the hanger?


I will cover the styrofoam with moss before I add the flowers. Lots more work to do with this. No more time this morning.

Hope you have a beautiful day filled with mini blessings!


13 comments:

Fabiola said...

I'm curious to see it finished.
Kiss Faby

Pepper said...

Love the idea that the chains are decorated with beads. It will no doubt look great when you're finished =0)

Kim said...

Oh- I can't wait to see the finished basket too-what a great idea!

Idskesminis said...

That is such a lovely idea, not anything like the rusty chains on my full size baskets. I really like the small beads you've used, I'm sure it will look great when finished!

Kathi said...

Thank you! I'm thinking that I need to make smaller flowers. This is the smallest punch I have. Time to go shopping - again! :D

Drora's minimundo said...

Great idea using styrofoam balls.
The basket already looks good.
Hugs, Drora

Marisa said...

reminds me of my old hippy days

Love
Marisa :)

Ilona said...

Great idea, Kathy, the basket looks really good! Great work.
Hugs, Ilona

Lucille said...

So sweet! Looking forward to seeing them when they're all finished!

Ascension said...

Seguro que te queda fantastico, es mucho trabajo pero merece la pena.
besitos ascension

Cinderella Moments said...

This is such a great project! It already looks promising. I'm sure it will look super cute!
hugs,
Caroline

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Looks already interesting and promising. One of these days I will try to make it too. Thank you for sharing. Natalia

Giac said...

Hello Kathi,
Looking good. I can't wait to see the finished project.
Big hug,
Giac