Saturday, August 4

One Palm On Deck

Good morning from the deck of the Adelaide Beachy beach house.


This tree won't stay here, but I wanted you to see something that is finished for a change. 

The little orange tree, the wreath and calla lily as well as the roses were all handmade. Sorry for the blurry photo. The sun is just coming up this morning and I have only had one cup of coffee...

I like making plants and flowers. I had an idea yesterday to make one tropical plant for each letter of the alphabet each week.  After 52 weeks I weeks I would have 52 different plants!  A for Amaryllis, B for Bromeliad, C for Calla Lily etc. Okay, maybe 26 weeks? That would still be a lot of plants!

See how easily I get sidetracked?!

Back to work on the palms. P is for PALMS. No more excuses. Hope you have a great day!






9 comments:

otterine said...

We have Bromeliads at the office, and I love the look of them and the variations in color. I, too, want to make these in mini, and I was thinking quilling paper might be the place to start. :D

Kathi said...

Great idea Brae! I have lots of quilling paper, thanks to Casey. :D

mcddiss said...

esa palmera te ha quedado muy bien

besitos

Mari

Nina in Germany said...

I love this little deck -
its really KathiART !!!
Kisses from Germany

Unknown said...

What a beautiful setting! I love the palm. Your flowers are gorgeous!

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Love this little scene, I think the Beachy House likes the idea of a palm shading the table.

carmen said...

quiero ver ese alfabeto de plantas ...

Melli Hobby said...

Your palm is wonderful!!
The beach house looks fantastic!
Greetings
Melanie

maribel said...

Te ha quedado estupenda