Sunday, June 17

A Place For Everything

I finally finished my wood storage cabinet. The stenciled front panel was an afterthought. I like it.  :D


Now I have a place to store wood, dowels, foam core, cardboard etc. Someday I might add casters to the bottom so I can roll it around?  Right now, it is what it is, where it is, and it's done!



"A place for everything and everything in its place" - Benjamin Franklin

Now I need to go clean up the mess I made building this!  Hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Lucille said...

Dear Kathi. Whatever mess you did building this wonderful unit was worth it. I am so impressed. It's absolutely fantastic and will save you so much time just looking for pieces. Congratulations on a magnificent job! Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

I especially like the "big wood" area. I'm in such a mess I started my "Mini Marta's Clean Up" Series again on my blog. Keeps me honest to have to tattle on myself everyday. I think I'll look for a place like yours to put the wood. I have drawers for the trim, but can't see all like yours.

Lucille said...

Kathi, would you mind giving us the dimensions of this fantastic piece? Thanks!

Unknown said...

I want one, this is such a great idea clever you.

Kathi said...

I used a ready made book shelf and flipped it on its side. The dimensions are in an earlier post. I added the frame to the "top" and a support inside the larger side. The stenciled board on the front is a piece of luan plywood cut to fit and painted.

If you build one, I would love to see it!

Unknown said...

OW! Wonderful! I want one!

Sandra said...

Kathi, not only is this practical but it is attractive too. Well done - you are inspiring!
Sandie

Sans! said...

I agree with Lucille! Love the stencil job too!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

This storage cabinet is a great idea and looks very comfortable and space wise.