Tuesday, June 12

Back To The Wood Shelf

I hit a snag while building the frame for the wood storage cabinet this past weekend. I know a few things about working with wood but nothing about working with MDF.

I tried using things I have on hand - my trusty Craftsman drill, wood glue, wood screws and nails.


My first attempt was to attach the frame to the MDF with nails. I ended up with a lot of bent nails!  Then I tried pre-drilling holes and using the wood screws I have.  Much better, but I will need to go get smaller screws made especially for MDF.


Seems like there is always something else I need to buy before I can finish what I'm working on.



If you want to know more about working with MDF go here. Maybe after one more trip to Home Depot I can do this?!

Hope you have a great day!





3 comments:

Lucille said...

Good luck, Kathi! Don't forget to stop and smell the roses on the way to Home Depot!

Maria said...

Haha Kathi, we are so much alike!
Hugs
Maria

Marisa said...

I've never worked with MDF, thanks for the tip..is Grandma getting a cup of coffee when the shop opens?

I miss her face


Love
Marisa