Tuesday, March 6

The White Bench


I had to remake the cushion for my bench. The fabric I tried yesterday was too thick and the cardboard was too wide.



This is how I made the frame and the seat cushion. I covered the cardboard with a piece of white felt then used some white interlock fabric over that.



I did a Google search to find out how to seal the silver Rub 'n Buff I used on the frame of the bench. It will rub off on your fabric if you don't seal it. Trust me on this one. I just used clear nail polish.

Again, I used my paper trimmer to line things up. The MicroMark gluing jig really needs a graph on the bottom!



IF I can get the glue to hold my bench will be finished!

Hope you will try something new today.

I found this site with interesting tutorials that could be used for minis.

I like the one, by Julia McGee, that uses craft foam to make "leather." :D





1 comment:

Lucille said...

You must be so proud of your bench, Kathi. It's so well made. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing where you intend to put it!