Wednesday, March 21

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I have finally decided on a color for the exterior of my coffee shop. It's called "Pineapple Upside Down Cake" by Glidden. Don't you just love the names they give colors? :D


The other colors you see will be inside or for trim. I hope Home Depot can do some good color matching for me? The green is a bit more limey than this photo shows.

I haven't finished sealing the walls. The first one turned out fine after the second side was painted with Gesso and weighed down. I made the left corner window larger and may add more windows? Still thinking about that...


I just called my boss to let him know I am STILL running a fever and won't be into work again today. My doctor called in an antibiotic for me yesterday. Hopefully, once I get started on the medicine this nasty virus or whatever I have will GO AWAY!!!

Thanks for all of your well wishes and helpful comments on my last post. I love Sandra in Sydney's ideas for doing stucco. Thanks Sandie!

"For a stucco finish I've had good results in 1:12th scale using facial tissues (one ply at a time) and painting it on sort of roughly to the surface; also by mixing talcum powder into the paint to make a gloopy mix and dabbing it on with a coarse brush then giving it extra texture if desired with the ends of the bristles of another coarse brush."


I tried the tissue idea. I just painted a piece of foam core, lay the tissue on the wet paint and lightly dabbed it with a stiff brush. You do have to be careful not to "dab" too much. Great results!

Hope you have a lovely day! I will be popping out from under the covers now and then to see what everyone is doing. :D




5 comments:

Ascension said...

Espero que mejores pronto y que puedas adelantar en tu nuevo proyecto.
Me encantan esas telas.
besitos ascension

Lucille said...

Hope the antibiotics help, Kathi! I love your chosen colours!

Troy said...

Hope you are feeling better. I like your color palette. My wife and kids have all had the same sort of thing, luckily I managed to avoid it. ( knock on wood )

Ilona said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Kathi. Thanks for sharing the tip about the stuccing, I did not know this! let's give it a try!
Hugs, Ilona

petra said...

o wow what a loveley home you make! i love it.

greetings Petra