Tuesday, February 21

New Toys

I went to WalMart yesterday to get cat food and toilet paper. You know, the essentials. Of course I had to walk past the scrapbooking and craft area to get what I needed ...






I found this swivel Exacto knife and a template I thought was interesting. I may use them for my Creatin' Contest kit after I saw this inspiring building.


I got the template below at Office Depot a while ago. I had never seen these before. This one is for home furnishings in 1/4 inch = 1 inch scale. How cool is that!?



These will make it much easier to build furniture for my 1/4 scale Mission house. Another future project.

The kitchen got painted yesterday but that is all I had time to do. I was looking at some purchased furniture I have and noticed that the knobs are very tiny. Now mine look too big. Why didn't someone tell me!? LOL

Anyway, I bought some really little beads that might look better? We'll see...

I did remember to get the things I went to the store to get. Sometimes I get distracted and walk out without them!

Hope you have a nice day!



4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi! Please be very careful when using thswivle knife. It is really easy to have it slip and cut your fingers. This is the voice of experience speaking. I have a set if those templates. They are really handy for quarter inch building. Great finds!

Kathi said...

Thanks Casey. I've never had much success with Exacto knives. I'll be careful. Promise. :D

Troy said...

I have not yet tried the swivel knife, but it looks like fun. Let me know how it goes. I like your link. The building almost looks like it is made out of lace.

Kathi said...

Thanks Troy. I love that link too. I have spent many an hour (or two) just browsing that site. Amazing architecture!