Sunday, January 30

Mini Sewing Cabinet?

I just have to try. I measured my real sewing cabinet, used the Art of Miniatures Calculator and then cut some wood. I'm using basswood and StarBuck's coffee stirrers.

I'm wondering if I should stain the pieces before I glue them together? I want the cabinet to have a maple finish like the real one.


Once I get the frame made, I'll try to make the shelves and drawers inside.


I'll also need some tiny hinges to put it all together.


I bought a new sewing machine yesterday. :)


It was going to cost $88 to fix my old one so I traded it in on a new Janome portable machine. I am very blessed to have a store near me that only sells/repairs sewing machines. They have been in business for >35 years!


The owner was very helpful and informative. I had to put my new machine on lay-a-way. I might as well make some minis until there is enough money in the bank to pick it up.


I hope I can do this. It sure will be cute if it turns out.


4 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

I am quite sure you'll be capable of making a mini sewing cupboard. You have such wonderful ideas.

Caseymini said...

Definitely stain first! Then glue! It looks great so far, Kathi! You are advancing rapidly at coming up with your own mini patterns!Keep it up.

Kathi said...

Thanks! I guess I'll have to make a trip to Home Depot for the maple stain. Oh bother.

Kim said...

lol- I was going to comment that Casey would say stain first- and there she is! I go to her blog so often before I start something to see if she has a way to do it :) I think this is going to be adorable- and I know you can make it look perfect! Very cute Kathi!