Tuesday, September 7

Tropical Dreams

The pink house and I shared some thoughts this morning. Houses do speak, you know!

We did some searching and found a photo of this fabulous restaurant in Sunset Beach, North Carolina.


I love the green roof, peachy exterior and white trim. The tropical plants and palm trees really look great too. If you notice way over on the right, you'll see how they used larger columns on the lower front of the building and smaller ones on the top.

My house has BIG columns going all the way up to the roof.
I really don't like them and may do something like the photo above when I remodel the front of the house?


Here's a photo of the entrance to this restaurant. LOVE the colors and design.



The bar is amazing! Love the tin ceiling and the long bar. The mirrored shelving behind the bar is awesome too.
It will be a real challenge to build something like this!



Of course I'll need to serve tropical drinks like these found on Babette's blog Maiden America.



She found these pretty mini drinks at Michele K Miniature Food! Michele will be sharing her tutorial for making these soon. I can't wait! :D

Then I can only dream of Leo's wonderful creations! They are the ultimate of a mini tropical paradise!

Hope you have a great day. I didn't finish my work room this weekend but I did make some good progress. I'm motivated to complete that project so I'll have space to start this one!


2 comments:

otterine said...

I like the idea of breaking up the columns with a second floor deck. It will completely transform the look. :D Now, pass the sunscreen....

Unknown said...

¡Que meta más alta! Pero seguro que lo consigues. Me encanta.
Besos Clara