Friday, August 20

Sofa So Far

Here's the frame of my new sofa. I covered the cardboard with Aida cloth. (Thanks Casey!) There is no padding on this part and I just used glue on the edges. I didn't want any glue to soak through the fabric where it could be seen.

The next challenge is to figure out how to cover the top of the arms of the sofa. I thought maybe these little strips of paper covered with the fabric might work?

I want them to look finished with no edges showing. Hope I can do this? :D


8 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you are on the right track. Cover the flat sides first and clip the edges and bring them around to the narrow edge. Make sure that they don't overlap. Then Miter the corners(Cut diagonally) on the fabric covering the strips. Then simply glue those on to cover the narrow part. It will look better that way since the fabric is so thick.

Anonymous said...

That is looking wonderful!

Sans! said...

he fabric is awesome Kathi!

Unknown said...

Bien, bien, bien. Estos pasos han sido muy acertados, ahora espero los laterales. Es lo mas difícil. Seguro que lo consigues.
Besos Clara.

Lisette said...

Yes, this is very good and nice sofa.

Ascension said...

Te esta quedando fenomenal, ahora los laterales.
Seguro que queda precioso.
besitos ascension

Lataina said...

Oh it's looking good Kathi! =)

DLSarmywife said...

Kathi, your sofa is looking awesome! So wonderfully tropical! Makes me want a margarita and a good book!