Wednesday, January 20

"Knock Off Wood" - New Found Blog

I just found this blog, Knock Off Wood. I am so excited to share it with you!

Amy builds "knock off" designer furniture for her real home. Any of her ideas could be reduced to dollhouse scale. She offers photos, measurements, cutting lists and step by step instructions!

Her friend Kristi built a little kitchen for her daughter Gracie. Check it out!

This is Pottery Barn's Hyde Console Table. I love Pottery Barn, but who can afford their furniture? Not me. Amy also makes furniture like Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware and the Land of Nod!

Pottery Barn Image

Check out Amy's post on how to build this beautiful table. I also think it would look great in Debbie's kitchen below her new birthday shelf?

I'm thinking smaller here - furniture for my dollhouse. Thanks Amy for all of your great ideas and tutorials. I love copying real things in miniature!

Blessings, Kathi

3 comments:

Kim said...

that kitchen is so sweet- I want to be a little girl now! Thanks for the link Kathi- what a great blog!

Janean said...

thanks for sharing. in these economical times, we're all looking for ways of saving $$$ without feeling completely deprived. very neat that you can translate that down to mini-size too!

My coastal home said...

Thank you so much for sharing Kathi! It´s a great blog! / Jackie