Sunday, January 17

Bare Feet Welcome!

I had a chat with Grandma and "little brother" this afternoon. We agreed that everyone should go barefoot at the beach. No shoes needed here!

It took some talking but even Grandpa gave in. He can be a little stuffy sometimes. I know he'll feel more comfortable when he gets that jacket and tie off. I think retirement has been a little hard on him.

I sat them all down and painted their feet/shoes with flesh colored paint. Grandma and Sandy wanted a pedicure but that will have to wait. Little Shelley never liked shoes anyway.

I'm not sure what to do with the heels on the girls? Do you think I could fill them in with some clay?

I finally took my Christmas tree down today and cleaned the house. I even straightened up my workspace! I'm going to turn on my electric blanket now so I don't have to wear socks to bed!

Sweet Dreams,
Kathi
photo from saunzee.com

4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, perhaps the ladies could wear high heeled flip flops as beach wear....They would be pretty easy to paint on or cover where neede with thin leather.

Kim said...

so cute! Barefoot is better at the beach :)

Esther said...

Try filling in with a little plastercine and see what it looks like before committing to something more permanent. I did think you could maybe remove the heels on one and have them on tiptoes somehow or feet pointed if say lieing on their back sunbathing but you might find that hard without breaking them.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love to go barefoot on the beach! And I still have my Christmas tree up -holding on to the lights for the winter, well at least till the end of January.