Sunday, July 26

Dollar Store Placemat

I've been trying to decide what to do with the upstairs attic bedroom ceiling. I'd like to have a bead board look. I found this placemat at the dollar store and think it might work?

There is binding sewn around the edges. The back has a fine mesh for support and it's made of wood. Here's a close up photo.

I'm in the process of removing the pink binding. I was pleasantly surprised at how even the edges are. The mesh on the back is holding it together too!

The width of the placemat is exactly the right size for the ceiling too! Sure beats gluing a bunch of skinny sticks up there! :)

Now I have to decide if I will paint it white or leave it as is? What do you think?

Blessings, Kathi

5 comments:

Tootie said...

Neat idea Kathi. I think it would look fine the color it is. :-)

MiniKat said...

Love the idea of the mat for the ceiling. The effect will be really cool!

I think if getting natural light in the attic is an issue you may want to paint it white so there is a better reflective surface.

Also if you are going to use ceiling lights up there you should make sure to remember to cut an access hole in the mat before you glue it up there. It will save you some frustration. ;-)

Kathi said...

Oh how I wish I could put lights in my house! I'm just not ready to tackle that since I'm just a beginner. Maybe in my next house? ;)

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you might also try stain on it....It looks like it has no finish. Bamboo? I like your idea.

Kathi said...

Yes, I think it is bamboo. I really need to get off this computer and back to work! :)